|YES to the following list of items for your BROWN Bin
• Garden Waste
• Grass Cuttings
• Pine Cones
• Hedge Clippings
• Hair (Human & Pet)
• Saw Dust & Wood Shavings
• Food Waste (Meat, Fish & Poultry cooked & uncooked)
• Leftover food
• Bread & Cereals
• All types of Pasta/Rice/Noodles
• Coffee Grounds and Filters
• Dairy – Cheese & Yogurts
• Fruit & Vegetables (Rotten & Peels)
• Tea Bags/ Tea Leaves
• Egg Shells Paper Towels/Napkins
NO to the following list of items for your BR0WN Bin
• Plastic Containers/ Plastic Bags
• Building Materials
• Medical Waste
• Hazardous Waste
• All Recyclables
Keep it clean!
Tips on how to keep the brown bin clean:
- Line bin with newspaper
- Wrap food in a sheet of newspaper
- Or purchase a bio-bag for food waste, available in most large retail stores
Be Careful with Contents!
- Place the right waste in the right bin. Look at our list above, if you still don't know about an item, then email us at
and we will add it to our list.
Brown Bin Guidelines
- The brown bin is to be used for kitchen and garden waste only.
- We advise you to leave the brown bin out for collection every second week, even if it is not full.